Why is Universal Fireproofing Patch is the ultimate patch solution for Sprayed Fire-Resistive Material (SFRM)?
Universal Fireproofing Patch (UFP) was designed to solve two of the biggest issues contractors run into when repairing Sprayed Fire-Resistive Material (SFRM):
- The high cost of patching and repair is cut by more than half because UFP is designed to be applied with a trowel, not a sprayer.
- UFP is fully vetted by 3 nationally-recognized independent labs and performs better than any other coating.
Sprayed Fire-Resistive Material (SFRM) is used to thermal coat rigid-structural building elements such as metal beams, columns, and decking. When the coating is intact, it provides superior protection from structural collapse in a fire. But accidental wear and tear can cause breaches in the coating. And even scheduled renovations or contract work within the building can leave the original SFRM coating with glaring holes in its coverage. This leaves the building occupants vulnerable in a fire and raises potential liability issues for the facility managers. Simply put, the coating must be repaired as soon as possible.
Direct exposure to flames will quickly raise the temperature of exposed steel to about 1,500°F. The steel structural element loses about 65% of its strength to support its load at approximately 1,100°F. At this point, even when just a portion of the steel is exposed, the entire building can fail because a simple patch was needed in the SFRM coating. Properly maintaining fireproofing protections can quickly become a life or death issue in a building fire.
When it comes down to it you can feel good about using UFP because it works. And when you’re responsible for doing a job that has the potential to save lives, there’s real comfort in that. Unlike any existing fireproofing patch solutions, UFP adheres optimally to dry coatings, performs thermally equal to or better than any existing SFRM, and has been approved against both medium and commercial grades of fireproofing, fiber or cementitious, for up to 3 hours of protection.
KEY PRODUCT BENEFITS
- UFP typically cost 50% less than current fireproofing patch solutions when factoring in labor and equipment.
- UFP is a do-it yourself product. You don’t need certification, spray equipment, or multiple workers to use the product; simply mix with water and apply with a trowel.
- Adhesion, cohesion and density are superior to most existing coatings.
- UFP is fully vetted by VTEC and certified by Intertek as a trowel-applied patch.
- While primarily a patch material, UFP has been also tested by UL as a Spray-applied Fire-resistive Material (SFRM) and is Classified by UL for use in UL’s Design Y737 (Product IQ).
- UFP successfully meets the requirements of ASTM E 84, ASTM E 119, and UL 263 as a SFRM.
- All thermal tests exceed three hour duration.
- Fire resistivity is equal to or greater than existing coatings.
- UFP has tested compatible with both fiber and cementitious applications as well as low and medium density materials.
- At 432 sq. in, the maximum patch size is 3 times the previous allowable standard.
- Working life is 2-3 hours.
- Each 25 pound bucket contains enough material to cover 25 patches at 8.5” x 11” at ½ inch thick.