UNIQUE Fire Stop’s Silicone Firestop Sealant is a highly versatile firestopping tool designed for superior performance in sealing openings in walls and floors to control the spread of fire, smoke, toxic gases, and water during a fire. Use this product with our Core Bore Firestop and Seal System.
Silicone Firestop Sealant forms a high-strength, durable, and flexible seal that will adhere to most building substrates without the use of primers. Systems have also been tested for Class 1 W Ratings (water-resistance) per UL1479.
Silicone Firestop Sealant is the sealant of choice when firestopping an empty core bore. Use with our Core Bore Firestop and Seal System for quick installation with no tools and guaranteed AHJ acceptance. See the product page for complete instructions.
IMPORTANT: Our Core Bore Firestop System was UL tested using our Silicone Firestop Sealant and they must be used together to obtain AHJ acceptance.
This versatile sealant can be used to seal vertical and horizontal joints between metals, masonry, concrete and other common construction materials. It is used to seal both through-penetration firestop systems and joint systems. Other uses include sealing a cable tray, bottom of a wall, busway, blank opening, floor to floor, floor to wall, head of wall, metal pipe, multiple penetrations, and wall to wall.
UNIQUE’s Silicone Firestop Sealant is specially designed for use in both static and dynamic joints because of its elastomeric quality. Its flexible seal allows excellent recovery from extension and compression cycling. Other property descriptions include autobonding, flexible, joint movement, low VOC, permanent, self-leveling, silicone, smoke barrier, STC rating, and water resistant.
- Auto bonding allows fresh sealant to adhere to cured sealant
- Excellent water resistance for water-tight sealing; including class 1 W ratings (UL1479)
- Ozone and UV resistant for excellent weathering ability and long service life
- Excellent chemical resistance protects in polluted or corrosive atmospheres
- Excellent adhesion to most building substrates
- Excellent smoke seal
- Neutral cure
- Safe, no asbestos, no PCB’s, no inorganic fiber
- Meets LEED(TM) v3, v4, & v4.1 requirements. Low emitting materials credit.