When you need to install a cable outlet inside a firewall or smoke wall, our Membrane Firestop Cable Sleeve is uniquely qualified for the job. Our “angled design” allows a BUNDLE of cables to be dropped inside a Firewall Membrane. This is the ONLY mechanical multi-cable system available that performs like this while maintaining proper bend radius specs.
This UNIQUE product is an angled firestop cable sleeve that cuts its own hole and installs in 2 minutes, allowing for a UL Classified path to fish cables inside a firewall. The System creates its own hole with the sharp point on the back side of the sleeve. A bead of caulk (not included) is applied to the back of the system and the sleeve is secured to the wall with expanding anchors. UNIQUE Intumescent Putty for sealing this firestopping system is included.
We make this system in the USA in our own factory. UL classified for fire-rated gypsum board/stud walls (one side) for up to 2 hours.
Available in 1″ and 2″ diameters.
Product includes everything you need, including intumescent putty.
- 1 – Membrane Firestop Cable Sleeve, a 6″ square metal plate with a 1″ or 2″ inch sleeve (6″ long) welded at a 45 degree angle to the plate.
- 1 – plastic bushing
- 2 – expanding wall anchors (for use in 5/8 thick fire-rated drywall)
- 1 – UNIQUE Intumescent Putty
- 1 – documentation/warning label
Guaranteed AHJ acceptance. Your System is approved when the Inspector says it is! Now we offer two ways to submit your request form to the AHJ:
- Download the original AHJ Request Form for pre-approval of your firestopping system. Use it for submission to the Inspector so he/she may pre-approve your proposed System.
- Use our convenient new form to email your proposed firestopping system specs to your AHJ- (Authority Having Jurisdiction)- for preapproval. See the new form on the ‘Inspector Form’ tab.
See also Unique Firestop Caulk – You will apply a small bead of firestop caulk to the back of the plate and around the sleeve to seal the Membrane Firestop to the wall.
See also our 1″ Membrane Firestop System Kit— Contains one each of the following items, all in one kit:
- 1″ Membrane Firestop Cable Sleeve- everything above including UNIQUE Intumescent Putty
- Retrofit Metal Box- single
- Retrofit Box Pad- single
- Retrofit Plate Guard- single
All UNIQUE firestop cable sleeve systems include enough UNIQUE Intumescent Putty for a minimum 25% and maximum of 48% cable load. Order an additional Intumescent Putty Fill Kit here if needed.
Take our Free Training and Certification Test to become one of our Certified Installers and receive special discounted pricing on our products.