We have developed a handy AHJ Email Preapproval Form used to gain preapproval of your selected Firestop System from your AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction). It only takes a few moments to fill it out and our website emails it to your Inspector with a copy to you.
The last Scenario of this test gives you experience in properly filling out and submitting the AHJ Email Preapproval Form along with your Official Online Certification Test.
Remember ... your System is not approved until your Inspector says it is! Seek acceptance – not forgiveness. Inspectors these days are not very forgiving. We will be glad to clarify the many benefits of having your firestop system preapproved. Just call the factory and ask for Tom Milano.
Please read all the instructions first and follow them closely.
To finish the Certification process, you will submit TWO (2) documents in this order:
1. AHJ Email Preapproval Form
2. Official Online Certification Test
Fill out and Submit the AHJ Email Preapproval Form 1st, and follow these steps:
1. You will use Scenario #1 of your Practice Test to fill out the AHJ Email Preapproval Form.
2. Be sure you fill out the form completely using the information in Scenario #1 and if needed, the website Product page for your System.
3. The AHJ Inspector is Mike Tobias and his email is email@example.com. The Inspector's jurisdiction is Local.
4.The Contractor is you.
5. Use this link to access the AHJ Email Preapproval Form and Submit when completed. The link will open a new tab do not close this one or you will loose your test.
Once you have submitted your AHJ form come back to this tab and submit your test.
AHJ Email Preapproval Form
Submit the Official Online Certification Test 2nd, and follow these steps:
1. Check the box below, and
2. Submit your Official Online Certification Test.
We will grade your test and your AHJ Email Preapproval Form and let you know if you are “preapproved” for the job!