If You Follow the Steps Listed Below, You Will Guarantee AHJ Acceptance:
- You must know the hourly rating of the barrier. (5/8″ fire rated gypsum is rated for 1/2 hr. per sheet / Cement Cinder Blocks are rated at 2 hrs.)
- Select a UL tested product system with a UL Listing that matches or exceeds the barrier. Pay attention to cable loads and fill procedure for the product system you choose.
- Go to the Cable Load Chart link for the product system you chose. Select the proper size Sleeve, based on the % cable fill load permitted in the UL listing.
- Seek pre-approval from the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ Inspector). Remember, it is approved if the Inspector says it is!
- When installing the System, be sure not to exceed the listing limitations. Read the listing.
- After installation, fill out the label and take a picture to document the System for future reference.
How to Calculate the Percent Fill of Your Firestop Sleeve
Our systems come with enough Unique Putty for a minimum 25% and maximum of 48% cable load.
Bring on the Inspector!